- Executive Board Meeting
- Executive Board will meet at OFNHP office, 2045 SE Ankeny. ........ read more
- CPK Contract Drop & Site Visit
- OFNHP Leadership to visit CPK campus to drop off new ........ read more
- Call Center Steward Council
- Fourth Wednesdays Noon-4pm EIN LLA ........ read more
Click Here for Full Calendar of Events
As an AFT Healthcare Union Member, You Have Rights! The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that any member of a bargaining unit where a union is the certified representative is entitled to Weingarten Rights.
This means you are entitled to have a union representative present during any meeting which may result in discipline. If a union representative is not present, you have the right not to answer any questions. These rights are called your Weingarten Rights.
If called into a disciplinary meeting with management, tell them:
“If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative or steward be present at this meeting. Without representation, I choose not to answer questions.”
- You must ask for union representation before or during the meeting.
- You have the right to ask the subject of your meeting and to consult with your OFNHP representative before the meeting.
- If management fails to honor your request, attend the meeting but do not answer questions.
- Take notes during the meeting.
- Contact your union representative or steward.